SIXTH ANNUAL CRIMINAL LAW SYMPOSIUM:
THE SIXTH AMENDMENT
- Robert P. Mosteller, The Sixth Amendment Rights to Fairness: The Touchstones of Effectiveness and Pragmatism, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 1 (2012).
PANEL ONE: CONFRONTATION
- Jeffrey Bellin, Applying Crawford‘s Confrontation Right in a Digital Age, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 33 (2012).
- Richard D. Friedman, Confrontation and Forensic Laboratory Reports, Round Four, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 51 (2012).
- Pamela R. Metzger, Confrontation Control, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 83 (2012).
- David Alan Sklansky, Confrontation and Fairness, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 103 (2012).
PANEL TWO: THE RIGHT TO COUNSEL AT TRIAL
- Darryl K. Brown, Defense Counsel, Trial Judges, and Evidence Production Protocols, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 133 (2012).
- Gabriel J. Chin, What Are Defense Lawyers For? Links Between Collateral Consequences and the Criminal Process, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 151 (2012).
- Patrick S. Metze, Speaking Truth to Power: The Obligation of the Courts to Enforce the Right to Counsel at Trial, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 163 (2012).
- Richard E. Myers II, The Future of Effective Assistance of Counsel: Rereading Cronic and Strickland in Light of Padilla, Frye, and Lafler, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 229 (2012).
- Craig Bradley, What’s Left of Massiah?, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 247 (2012).
- Arnold H. Loewy, Why the Supreme Court Will Not Take Pretrial Right to Counsel Seriously , 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 267 (2012).
- Justin F. Marceau, Remedying Pretrial Ineffective Assistance, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 277 (2012).
- Andrew E. Taslitz, Trying Not to be Like Sisyphus: Can Defense Counsel Overcome Pervasive Status Quo Bias in the Criminal Justice System?, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 315 (2012).
- The Honorable Robert N. Davis, Veterans Fighting Wars at Home and Abroad, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 389 (2013).
- Brian D. Shannon and Victor R. Scarano, Incompetency to be Executed: Continuing Ethical Challenges & Time for a Change in Texas, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 419 (2013).
- Lawrence James Madigan, Excessive Damage Review in the Fifth Circuit: The Conflict and Quagmire Continue, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 453 (2013).
- Stephen Higdon, If it Wasn’t on Purpose, Can a Court Take it Personally?: Untangling Asahi’s Mess that J. McIntyre Did Not, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 463 (2013).
- Laurel W. Brenneise, I Love You, You Love Me, Can You Come Up With a Happy Visitation Schedule, Please?: Analyzing the Reform of Texas’s Parental Possession Schedule for Children Less Than Three Years of Age, 45 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 499 (2013).
- Joseph S. Classe, Genes and the Supremes: Will the Supreme Court Uphold Patents for Isolated Gene Sequences?, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 533 (2013).
- Jamee Cotton, How Much Are You Worth?: Why the Texas Supreme Court Took Tort Reform Too Far in Limiting the Admissibility of Certain Medical Expenses During Trial, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 565 (2013).
- Blake H. Bailey, Bankruptcy, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 603 (2013).
- Sofia Adroguѐ, P.C., Business Litigation, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 645 (2013).
- Luke J. Gilman and Richard A. Howell, Civil Procedure, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 671 (2013).
- David S. Coale, Commercial Litigation 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 687 (2013).
- William B. Mateja and Albert A. Starkus III, Criminal Procedure 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 711 (2013).
- Dean J. Schaner and A. John Harper III, Employment Law, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 727 (2013).
- Kellie E. Billings-Ray, Megan Maddox Neal, and Mary E. Smith, Environmental Law 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 769 (2013).
- Richard A. Howell and Mallory A. Beck, Evidence Law, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 793 (2013).
- William D. Elliott, Federal Taxation, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 811 (2013).
- Jill Curry and Matthew Ward, Are Twombly & Iqbal Affecting Where Plaintiffs File? A Study Comparing Removal Rates by State 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 827 (2013).
- Bruce M. Kramer, Oil and Gas Leases and Pooling: A Look Back and a Peek Ahead, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 877 (2013).
- Douglas D. McFarland, Viewing the “Same Case or Controversy” of Supplemental Jurisdiction Through the Lens of the “Common Nucleus of Operative Fact” of Pendent Jurisdiction, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 905 (2013).
- Clifton A. Squibb, The Age of Allocation: The End of Pooling as We Know It?, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 929 (2013).
- Megan James, Checking the Box is not Enough: The Impact of Texas Rice Land Partners, Ltd. v. Denbury Green Pipeline-Texas, LLC and Texas’s Eminent Domain Reforms on the Common Carrier Application Process, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 959 (2013).
- Brittany A. Jenkins, My Country or My Child?: How State Enactment of the Uniform Deployed Parents Custody and Visitation Act will Allow Service Members to Protect Their Country & Fight for Their Children, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 1011 (2013).
- Katherine Lepard, Standing Their Ground: Corporations’ Fight for Religious Rights in Light of the Enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Contraceptive Coverage Mandate, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 1041 (2013).
- Lorna McMillion, Running the Gauntlet: Wolcott v. Sebelius Reveals Loopholes in the Medicare Part B Appeals Process that the Fifth Circuit Cannot (or will not) Close, 45 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 1073 (2013).
PANEL THREE: THE RIGHT TO COUNSEL BEFORE TRIAL
Fifth Circuit Survey: July 2011-June 2012